Diabetes Management Clinic
Make the most of your health and wellness.
What is the Diabetes Management Clinic?
If you're living with diabetes, London Drugs Certified Diabetes Educators (CDEs) are your partners. London Drugs has a higher proportion of CDEs than any other pharmacy in Canada. Our CDEs are available to assist you in managing the disease by guiding you through recommendations for therapy.
Your London Drugs CDEs offer one-on-one consultations specific to your needs. They can discuss blood sugar testing, medication management, preventing low blood sugar, foot care, eating well, getting enough physical activity, and more. Services are available in a variety of languages, including Punjabi, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Korean (at select locations).
London Drugs can also assist you with meter downloads and safe, environmentally friendly diabetes needle disposal.
How will you benefit from a Diabetes Management Clinic?
During this 60-minute clinic, a London Drugs CDE can be a bridge between you and the rest of your diabetes care team, helping you to:
- Build your defenses against long-term complications of diabetes, which may include heart disease, kidney disease, digestive problems, erectile dysfunction, and depression
- Interpret blood sugar patterns so you can better manage your diabetes
- Discuss your diabetes medications in relation to other medications you may be taking
- Discuss the basics of healthy eating, physical activity guidelines, foot care, and more
- Communicate with other members of your diabetes team
- Learn about insulin adjustment and how to safely inject insulin
- Download blood glucose meter tests and print out your test result
Find out about specially trained CDEs who are experts in insulin pump therapy, and get referral to one if necessary. Specially trained CDEs practice in the following London Drugs locations:
- West Oaks Mall 32700 South Fraser Way Clearbrook V2T 4M5 (604) 853-6811
- Valley Fair Mall 22709 Lougheed Hwy Maple Ridge V2X 2V5 (604) 463-0991
- Brentwood Town Centre 4567 Lougheed Hwy Burnaby V5C 3Z6 (604) 570-0252
- London Station 10348 King George Highway Surrey V3T 2W5 (604) 584-3281
- Peninsula Village 100 - 15355 - 24th Avenue South Surrey V4A 2H9 (604) 535-3281
- Sunnycrest Mall Unit #1-900 Gibson's Way Gibsons V0N 1V7 (604) 886-5710
- Westbank 2151 Louie Drive Westbank V4T 3E6 (250) 707-2360
- Lethbridge Town Square 110 - 905 First Avenue South Lethbridge T1J 4M7 (403) 320-5151
- Get a referral to other health care professionals when necessary
What to know before your Diabetes Management Clinic visit
Be sure to bring the following items to your appointment:
- Medications you're taking (both prescription and non-prescription)
- A log of your blood glucose values
- Blood glucose meter and related supplies
- Insulin supplies and equipment, if currently on insulin therapy
- A family member to interpret if necessary
How to book a visit to a Diabetes Management Clinic
Call your local London Drugs pharmacy to find out where you can book an appointment.There is a nominal fee to attend this clinic. A tax receipt can be issued upon request.